Skip to main content

Thrift Store and Flea Market Finds ~ Oh My!

Over the weekend, a thrift store was having a customer appreciation sale - 50% off store wide.  I got all of this (two bed sheets, 3 vintage tablecloths) for about $8.00 total.  The bedding will be saved for camping, and possibly a few of the tablecloths. 



At a flea market, I found this cute beaded vintage purse (great for girls who attend prom and homecomings), with a matching beaded wallet for $1.00. 


I also found this vintage lipstick holder for $3.00.  Check out the poodles on it.  And yes, it's already in my bathroom being used. 

The rain is still falling here today, so I can tackle inside work.  The bathroom (shower floor) tile was all in place by 5:30pm, but needed to sit overnight to allow the grout to secure them.  Tonight, the guys will fill in between the tiles and allow it to dry again. 

Comments

Willow said…
Great finds. That lipstick holder is really unique !
Great finds and a good sale at the thrift.
I've passed our thrift up recently and saw they were having a PENNY SALE! (they recently had a 50% off sale) Both times... I wasn't able to stop. :( I hope to catch the next one.
I like the little lipstick tray w/poodles...is that silver plate?
Glad your shower is almost finished. Maybe you'll get to enjoy it soon.
Pat
Wow good deals. Can't find anything like that here at thrift shops. They are all the thing now so prices are higher now.
Candy C. said…
Love, love the tablecloths and the lipstick tray!! What a great sale! :)
Missy said…
LOVE thrift stores! Those are some great finds. We used to live about 45 minutes from one that everything was .25 and we went once a month! I miss that store.
Winnie said…
Love those great linens you found! What a deal on all of the treasures! I think the tablecloth is my favorite!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart