Skip to main content

Marriage, Mind, Farmer's Market update, and Just Life


Do you remember the weekend "restoration trips" Hubby and I took last year?


It's about time for another one.  I can't decide on what to do, or when to do it, but maybe Hubby will have an idea.


And I know "island" sounds so glamorous, but it's an island that is only 4.6 square miles.  The last population count was 310. It just so happens, it offers us a place to rekindle our marriage and get a break from life. It's on a lake too.  Not the ocean, but it's one of our favorite places to go now.

Hmm?  Part of the fun is letting Hubby plan the entire thing.  So far, he's doing a pretty good job of it.   

~~~

I woke up this morning with a headache, stuffy nose, and not feeling well.  The kids have been caring around a "bug" lately, and I think I managed to catch one.  Not cool.

Today is Hubby's birthday, and his only day off work.  He's been working 6 days/week and 10 hours/day (and has a one hour drive each way).  You can imagine how tired he is today.  Most likely we both will be spending the day mowing, and planting in the garden.  Sadly, we have only had time to plant peas.  Maybe the kids can make a dinner or cake for him today. 




Yesterday was a very long day.  I was asked to take prom photos of my oldest daughter and her boyfriend.  

It's that time of year for spiders again.  This week's total is 3 wolf spiders in the house.  One, which my 19 year-old caught in a glass bowl, then left it with a note "Spider! Don't touch it unless you want to take care of it."  It was huge!  One of the biggest and meanest the kids have seen in the house.  My son, the "spider" man, took it outside for us.


   
 

Comments

Unknown said…
Hope you feel better. I just made my first bath of elderberry syrup, yummy, in it's own way... dose yourself up and feel better soon...
Kim said…
Just remember the key word for market is "adaptation". Have you ever made the small facial cloths to package with your soap? How about the cider vinegar candy? you could make it and even give samples out. Folks might start to remember you for your uniqueness.
You can do it hang in there!
Candy C. said…
Happy birthday to your hubby! I hope he got to rest some and had a nice day. :)
Selling at the Farmer's Market is sometimes a tough thing. You can never figure what people will be interested in from week to week. I like Kim's ideas about setting yourself apart. My first thought on the facial cloths was flannel.
I hope the bug doesn't get you down for long.
Michelle said…
I hate spiders. Tell hubby Happy Birthday. I am starting a new craft swap on my blog. Would love to have you join it. Hope you feel better.
Thanks for all your tips on the market ideas. I did get one "spa" washcloth crocheted, but didn't have time for more, so I didn't put it out for sale. I do sell "facial scrubbies" that are small rounds crocheted (like a cup coaster). And Kim, the candy is a great idea too. I had not even thought of that. I'm trying to ward off this bug with extra vit. C, good teas and lots of water.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart