Skip to main content

Reuben Dip ~ Healthy Version ~ New Recipe Tried

 I have come to realize, that trying new recipes has become a hobby without me even thinking.  I joked that I need to stay away from the computer, stop ordering cookbooks from the library and such.  Golly, I tend to try them every week.  Recipes that is.

The newest recipe to try, is a healthier version of a Rueben dip for crackers or even veggies.  My husband loves Rueben's, and I am always on the hunt for a side dish to take to any gathering of any sort. I linked the recipe above, but you never know how long the links will last.  It's just much easier to share the recipe in case you are interested.  I am not even sure how I came across the recipe.

As for the sauerkraut, you can make your own, or buy it.  When I do buy it, we prefer Eden Organic sold in a glass jar.

Well, I made it, but I had to use google conversions to the best of my searching ability.  The recipe is in "grams" so you do need to do the conversion to cups/Tbsp etc.


I made my homemade Thousand Island dressing for this recipe (I made a half batch of it).  I also can my own ketchup, which an ingredient in the recipe for this dressing.

I used Almond flour (non-gmo) crackers for the dipping choice.  It's what I had on hand.  Did we like it?  Yes!  My husband took some to work and one of his co-workers tasted it. He loved it too.

I didn't get a photo of the completely mixed up dip, but it is delicious cold or hot.  While the recipe states it's good warmed up, my husband and his co-worker liked it cold much better.

Rueben Dip ~ Healthy Version ~ New Recipe Tried © April 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart