Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, April 4, 2024

Reuben Dip ~ Healthy Version ~ New Recipe Tried

 I have come to realize, that trying new recipes has become a hobby without me even thinking.  I joked that I need to stay away from the computer, stop ordering cookbooks from the library and such.  Golly, I tend to try them every week.  Recipes that is.

The newest recipe to try, is a healthier version of a Rueben dip for crackers or even veggies.  My husband loves Rueben's, and I am always on the hunt for a side dish to take to any gathering of any sort. I linked the recipe above, but you never know how long the links will last.  It's just much easier to share the recipe in case you are interested.  I am not even sure how I came across the recipe.

As for the sauerkraut, you can make your own, or buy it.  When I do buy it, we prefer Eden Organic sold in a glass jar.

Well, I made it, but I had to use google conversions to the best of my searching ability.  The recipe is in "grams" so you do need to do the conversion to cups/Tbsp etc.


I made my homemade Thousand Island dressing for this recipe (I made a half batch of it).  I also can my own ketchup, which an ingredient in the recipe for this dressing.

I used Almond flour (non-gmo) crackers for the dipping choice.  It's what I had on hand.  Did we like it?  Yes!  My husband took some to work and one of his co-workers tasted it. He loved it too.

I didn't get a photo of the completely mixed up dip, but it is delicious cold or hot.  While the recipe states it's good warmed up, my husband and his co-worker liked it cold much better.

Rueben Dip ~ Healthy Version ~ New Recipe Tried © April 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

No comments: