Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Washcloth/Cleaning Cloth Pattern ~ This and That

 



Here is my post for the pattern link (pattern is free online), that I used for both my makeup and regular washcloths, and for the cleaning cloths.  I use 100% cotton yarn and an "H" hook, although her pattern states to use an "I" hook.  I used leftover small bits of cotton yarn from those smaller balls they sell (maybe 2 to 2.5 oz?).  

I actually posted a "review" of all of the washcloths I made over the years.  You can read the post - HERE.  I used to keep the smaller version of the washcloth in our camper, but now take this size.

I picked out two different blue crocheted pot holder sets to give to the two families that had the house fire.  



I grew anaheim peppers last year, with the plan to can them.  I got the plants to grow, but they produced very late and very small peppers.  I never canned any.  I am just wondering if it's worth the canning hassle?  I mean the little cans of diced chilies are not that expensive.  Does anyone can these?  I still may look for plants this year.  I forgot all about  the seeds for these peppers, until I made us breakfast yesterday.  By the way, organic cans are now $2.49 each, while non-organic brands can be as low as $0.79/can.



Cheddar and Chile egg casserole.  It's not for  everyone.  I learned about this Rachael Ray recipe when I was cooking for a few vegetarian kids here.  


It's not tomato or garlic harvest season, but the green onions are doing great right now.  My husband requested this dip.  I used a lower fat cream cheese on the bottom.  I am not trying to gain weight right now ha ha!  I went over board on the green onions.  Yum.  We use almond flour organic crackers or homemade. 




I'm thrilled to see my peppermint plant is springing back to life.  My spearmint is not yet however.  I will clean the leaves out after the last chance of frost is over with here.




Not wanting to send my husband on a shopping hunt, I just ordered this online and had it conveniently delivered to my door step.  

I had been applying comfrey at the onset of the fracture, but from my research, you should only allow this into your body so many weeks in one year.  I have tried to grow arnica here so many times, and could not for some reason, so I just bought the cream.




Washcloth/Cleaning Cloth Pattern ~ This and That  © April 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart


4 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Nice looking cloths, don't think I would like an egg casserole as I don't like scrambled eggs

Jackie said...

I do wish my herbs were perennial here. Not going to happen so I replant every year.

God bless.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jo-Anne's Ramblings, thanks. I wanted to use the yarn up and the cleaning cloths were perfect for it. I get it on the eggs. We don't eat casseroles too often, but it is nice to have leftovers for a few days too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jackie, most of ours have to be re-planted too. Rosemary is a tough one for me. I dig it up, and bring it in, but cannot keep it alive all winter. Sage, lemon balm, peppermint, green onions, chives all come back.