Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, April 26, 2024

This and That

Even though I know spring planting time is not here yet, it was depressing to know that there was a freeze warning out last night for us, and is still in effect until 10am today. We are hoping it won't damage the asparagus or rhubarb.  I'm sure it may damage some of my early spring herbs however.  My sage plants were just starting to produce again too.



I found the pattern location for the crocheted rose cup coasters, using crochet thread #10.  Sharing for those who were interested in the pattern.


The pattern is in this book, on page 55.  Check your library for the book.

Book information:  Creative Crochet, A Leisure Arts Publication, ISBN:  0-942237-63-3



Not wanting to go fetch my recipe binder, I recently just used good ol' google to find a breakfast casserole with sweet potatoes and breakfast sausage (the hubs bought sausage that needed used).  I also thawed and used some kale, added garlic, onions and frozen bell peppers (from last year's garden), and seasoned the eggs.  



We canceled our camping trip for this weekend.  Am I upset?  I'm more mad, but also sad.  My hiking shoes will be waiting for me for the next trip.  We thought about going anyway, but then thunderstorms/and high winds sealed the decision.  Our camper is too small to spend an entire weekend inside it vs. sitting around a campfire and/or hiking.  Always have a back up plan.  Although today will be a beautiful sunny 70 degree day, the rain is still on the way.


I may have found another source to donate my lap afghans to.  It's local, which is what I wanted.  I am reaching out to verify.


Short blog post today.  Have a good weekend.



10 comments:

Debby said...

Those crocheted coasters are nice. The pattern looks familiar. Seems I might have some like that packed away that my mom made.

Velva- Evening with a Sandwich said...

Sending you plenty of Florida sunshine!!! Hope you have better weather soon so you can get out there and hike and camp comfortably.

Velva

Betsy said...

I'm so glad that you found my blog because I know I'm going to enjoy yours! The breakfast casserole looks delicious and I think the coasters are beautiful.
We're supposed to go camping Sunday after church but I'm a bit concerned about the weather forcast too. We've been having strong storms since early yesterday and they are supposed to continue.
Blessings,
Betsy

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debby, I made 3 sets, but none of them sold at my craft shows, so I have gifted and donated them.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Velva - Evening with a Sandwich, thanks. I cannot wait for my foot to heal. I was looking forward to a campfire meal, and crocheting around the fire, but...weather is not premitting that.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Betsy, I hope you get to go camping. We decided it was best to be at home if we could not be outside. Wearing this medical boot is a bit frustrating and the camper is small. I'm glad I found your blog too. I have the baby blanket pattern printed, but need to get the yarn. I have to have my husband double check my stash, as I cannot climb stairs just yet.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I could never get the hang of knitting or crochet, tried many times and failed

Far Side of Fifty said...

Those coaster are so cute, I know I have seen that pattern before! Too bad you couldn't go camping!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jo-Annie's Ramblings, I am still learning with knitting. I have mastered knitting dishcloths, but that is it, and larger needle projects, but I have yet to learn to knit socks.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Far Side of Fifty, thank you! The temperature for camping is perfect, but the rain and storms moved in.