Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, January 8, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday

 On the home winter project list, we have decided to completely remove the hallway paneling.   When the carpet was removed a large wooden storage box was moved to the hallway (to get it out of the way of work).  I am now going through it, and hopefully passing it on to other family members.  The box itself will be donated if no one can find a use for it.  I have contacted our historical society in the past, and they were not taking any donations.   There are some old family items in this storage box, and I can no longer store them.  

After cleaning my Dad's place and Mom's after they passed, I have a different look on what I keep and do not keep.


Today I am joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

I will link up when she posts.  I'm running behind today.


The weather . . . 

High 30's, low 40's, some weather moving in around towards the weekend, with rain/snow.


Right now I am . . .

Brewing a late pot of coffee, and posting this.


Thinking and pondering . . .

Looking through my seeds and working on a seed order if necessary.


How I am feeling . . .

I'm not liking the lack of sunshine right now.  I do believe it plays a part in how a person feels.  Did I mention the tea recipe I will be trying?  I posted a link for it.  It is said to help with seasonal stress.


On the breakfast plate . . .

Egg/sausage scramble, Coffee.


On the lunch plate . . .

Have no idea yet.


On the dinner plate . . .

Perch, and a vegetable


On the menu. . .

No idea yet.  However, I do look in the freezer/fridge and pantry before writing it up.  I will work on that later.


On my reading pile . . .

I have not had any time to read over the last week.  I'm okay with that, as I am making progress on the winter project list.


On the TV this week . . .

Fool me Once (series on netflix)


Looking around the house . . .

If you haven't read my recent post on our winter project list, I am working on painting interior doors and door trim.


The to-do list . . .

-muck coop
-catch up on any laundry
-dust
-make some calls, the truck just got new rotors, but now it needs new tires
-water plants
-sweep/mop floors
-purge a storage box we no longer have room for


From the camera . . .

We were lucky to have a few beautiful sunrises and sunsets, but with the rain and snow moving in, the skies have been cloudy the last few days.


Devotional, quote, prayers . . .




10 comments:

Debby said...

I love that sentiment at the end. So true!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Debby

Aritha V. said...

O what a nice sun-photo. I love it.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Aritha V, thank you. We are not getting many sunny days this week.

Jean said...

What a beautiful photo! I've been making myself go outside and take a walk whenever the sun is shining (or if the weather is semi-decent) and it seems like it is really helping with my winter blues not being so bad. Of course, nothing helps as much as sunny skies, hope you see some soon!

collettakay said...

Good luck with your winter projects! My winter project is to make it to Spring :)

Colletta

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jean, I agree about the sunshine. I really miss it this week.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

collettaky, thanks

Luludou said...

You always impress me with all you do! Have a great week

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Luludou