Skip to main content

Teabag Tidbits

We made it to 8°F with an early wind chill of -6°F this morning.  The snow is falling as well.  Hot water is flowing again, but somewhere my husband heard we will hit a -15°F tonight, and through Wednesday afternoon.  They have issued a wind chill warning.

My husband was the next one to take a fall.  He beat me to the chicken coop, and as I was reaching for the door, I see him down on the ground, chicken feed scoop flown, and watering unit busted in pieces.  

I brought up the fact it was high time to get those spikes on our muck boots, and we never did go looking for them.  It's first on the to-do list today.

We've put in place all of the "just in case" happens.  We are always pretty much prepared, but we did refill propane grill tanks (in case we needed extra heat, but our propane heat stays on if the power goes out), and we picked up a small propane tank for the small grill (as an alternate source to cook).  


 Let's talk "tea" today.  I have blackberry leaf tea, but do any of you tea drinkers have a favorite "brain boost" tea or tea mixture?



I also like this tea for evenings, to help with a good night's sleep, but do any of you like a different tea for that?  




Do you find better health results by buying medicinal teas bulk and using a tea infuser/teaball or homemade teabags?  






My holy basil finally showed up, so I mixed the tea for seasonal stress (Backyard Patch Blog) I shared and made my own brew bags.

Also, I accidently bought brew bags for a full tea pot to brew.  Oops.  I may be using those for summer iced teas.


Teabag Tidbits © Jan 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Shug said…
The weather has sure been COLD...even here in Texas. I keep saying I am going to start drinking hot tea, but I never buy it. I know it is so healthy for us...especially green tea. You have inspired me to do so...Stay warm.
Shug, I do drink my share of coffee too, but we do like tea, and especially medicinal or healthy teas too. I'm glad I have inspired you.
Debi said…
I drink peppermint tea for "tummy troubles" but that's all that I drink for medicinal purposes. I like Hibiscus Berry from Teatulia (https://www.teatulia.com/) and Spiced Orange Tea and Autumn Orchard Tea from Beulah Roasting Company (https://www.beulahroastingco.com/). The hibiscus tea is teabags but the other two are loose leaf. I also only drink tea in cold weather... weird, I know. Mostly I'm a water drinker... boring! Hope you are staying warm and have those spikes on your boots!
Debi, I have never heard of that tea company. I will have to check that out this year. Yes, spikes are on my boots now.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart