Skip to main content

. . .from the handiwork journal ~ Chit Chat

 Winter time is the best time to catch up on handiwork, but I am also very busy trying to catch up on abandoned home projects that need finished.



Finished!  One more scrap yarn lap afghan done.  Although it looks too short in the photo.  I need to re-measure and make sure it's large enough.  It's checked on my unfinished project list now.

I'm still tackling the rest of my list, but it's getting done.  I have, however, started a new blanket, but this was a plan from spring of last year, to use up other yarn I have.  Winter is the best time to crochet blankets (small or large).

I have had to frog two blankets, and I think it's due to me trying to finish them faster than usual.  Ugh.  I have more on the handiwork list to finish.

Bad weather is moving in fast.  It has been pouring down rain and the forecast is saying snow next.  It's not good. I am hoping it misses us, or for the most part misses us.  The beginning of next week is looking like there is the possibility of below zero temps.  I'm tellin' ya' the weather is all over the board right now.

We were not able to pick up straw due to repairs on the truck.  First, we replaced the front rotors.  Next, we thought we only needed two new tires, but we ended up with 4 new ones (which took 2 hours to get done).  Now, it's the back brakes.  If it's not one thing, it's another.


. . .from the handiwork journal ~ Chit Chat © Jan 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Aritha V. said…
Oh, what beautiful colors! Not fun, right: bad weather.
Thank you Aritha V, the yarn is leftover from so many other projects. Yeah, not looking forward to the weather rolling in.
Katie C. said…
What size should a lap quilt be?

-Katie C.
Katie, I think most charts say about 36 x 48 inches, but some charts are smaller. I make mine for those who spend time in chairs or have appts in winter and need one for wheelchairs. I posted one chart today. I'll be measuring it today, as I have gotten behind in blogging.
Katie, I accidently deleted your "thank you" comment somehow (lack of morning coffee ha ha!). You are welcome.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart