Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Let the planting begin!



Sharing some early blooms.  Don't mind the weeds, I haven't had time to get to that yet.

Planting the vegetable garden has begun.  All by my little ol' self, and I was not looking forward to doing it alone this year.
Spent the entire (well most of it) out there, and I'm not done.  I still have to plant the bell peppers and all of the hot peppers yet. There is a lot we are not able to plan due to my husband's miserable long hours.

He hired someone to till for us, and even tried to hire me help with the "take back the kitchen" painting project, and attempted to hire me help with the garden.  The truth is, is that everyone we know works, works and has a garden, has a garden, or is busy with other such stuff.

I'm more than exhausted and welcome today's rain. It better rain anyway.

We have had some beautiful 70's weather lately, and I'm thrilled we haven't had a reason to turn the AC on yet.  I got the vents cleaned, but not the filters and as I look inside it is dirty.  I will attempt to find a gadget to get that cleaned, but not sure it will work.  Anyway, the rain is to arrive today, and like I said, I much welcome it with all the planting I did yesterday. 

I updated my garden journal, because last year I was terrible at that.  There was so much going on in the fall that I just plum forgot.  My husband's sister passed away, then Mom's health declined.  It was just a roller coaster season for sure.



 

No comments: