Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, May 26, 2022

Rain ~ Baking Day ~ Mowing Day

 Although we didn't get a lot of rain during the day yesterday, we got a good amount last night.

I took advantage of it, and did some baking.  I make Mom's favorite snack (just because), and I tried a new recipe (as well as a 2 crock pot dinner - hot pepper mustard sauce over meatballs in one and sweet potatoes/thyme/garlic in another).


The new recipe?  Bacon, cheese, jalapeno bread.  I used the frozen jalapenos from last year's garden, estimating "2" jalapenos, and left the seeds in (that is the way I freeze them).  We both loved it!  I'm adding the recipe to my "taco" night family get together.  It took time to make it, and a lot of ingredients, but so good!  I added the optional green onion, because the herb garden is producing well, although needs weeded badly.

Daughter K arrived for another pick up, but did not bring her trash bags down stairs.  I was busy in the kitchen, and didn't realize it until she already left.  Anyway, more is out of my front room and upstairs.

Painting continues.  I can only paint one thing on the saw horses due to humidity, and the AC remains off.  The mowing was done.  There was a window of opportunity in the day, where the sun came out, before the rain came back.

I worked for a bit in the utility room, but that is limited due to all the bathroom stuff put in there.  We are still waiting on our hired help to start gutting the smaller bathroom, which reminds me, we still need to buy the flooring for in there.

No comments: