Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Tidbits

I finally moved my Mom's plants from my bedroom to the living room. However, they will have to be moved to the kitchen somewhere to start ripping out the carpet and investigating the floor issue in that room.  

We are delayed on the kitchen bathroom, due to our hired help continuing to heal from a hernia surgery.  I am delaying the painting of that bathroom door until that is completed.  It will be easier to paint the door off the hinges anyway, and easier to gut it with the door off.

I got 99 tomato plants planted (yes, by myself), but 11 more need tomato stakes.  I went to one TSC location and they wanted $4.59 per 5 foot wooden stake.  Let's just say I'm still looking for them at a reasonable price.

I picked up my kitchen cabinet door that I had a piece of glass installed.  They only charged me $15.00 for it, and I was so happy.  I'll be back there to have screens re-screened soon.  They are local and do a great job.

I plan to cover the glass in the cabinet door with an etched peel and stick design.  

The heat will lower tomorrow, after todays storms, so that will be a relief.  I need to work on the mess upstairs as well as paint, and it can get hot up there.  The nearest Humane Society is doing their big garage sale days and taking donations, so I want to get whatever they left boxed up and donated.

Storms are moving in the area, so I will not being running any errands.  I had to move any remaining garden plants indoors until it passes.  All outdoor work is delayed for now.

No comments: