Skip to main content

Tidbits

I finally moved my Mom's plants from my bedroom to the living room. However, they will have to be moved to the kitchen somewhere to start ripping out the carpet and investigating the floor issue in that room.  

We are delayed on the kitchen bathroom, due to our hired help continuing to heal from a hernia surgery.  I am delaying the painting of that bathroom door until that is completed.  It will be easier to paint the door off the hinges anyway, and easier to gut it with the door off.

I got 99 tomato plants planted (yes, by myself), but 11 more need tomato stakes.  I went to one TSC location and they wanted $4.59 per 5 foot wooden stake.  Let's just say I'm still looking for them at a reasonable price.

I picked up my kitchen cabinet door that I had a piece of glass installed.  They only charged me $15.00 for it, and I was so happy.  I'll be back there to have screens re-screened soon.  They are local and do a great job.

I plan to cover the glass in the cabinet door with an etched peel and stick design.  

The heat will lower tomorrow, after todays storms, so that will be a relief.  I need to work on the mess upstairs as well as paint, and it can get hot up there.  The nearest Humane Society is doing their big garage sale days and taking donations, so I want to get whatever they left boxed up and donated.

Storms are moving in the area, so I will not being running any errands.  I had to move any remaining garden plants indoors until it passes.  All outdoor work is delayed for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart