Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Trim is getting a new look!

 


My current project.  Painting all the trim in the kitchen white.  The trim at the ceiling will also be painted white.  It will be nice and bright in there.  The dark wood color needed to go.  I wasn't even thinking of doing it, until I painted my desk drawers/cabinets in that corner.  I'll have an update on that later after the paint dries.  The trim painting was my husband's idea.  I do think it looks much better, but man that edging stuff is for the birds.

I had to take those photos on my cell phone.  It's been so dark and dreary outside, and thunderstorms tomorrow.  When the sun is shining I will take better photos.

I picked more asparagus yesterday, and hope to get more after today's rain.

Question.  Does anyone have a Meyer Lemon tree they can save me a seed from?  I priced the trees at the green house and wow!  I would rather grow my own.

I somehow killed my aloe plant, but have a family member willing to donate me a start from hers.  I am just waiting for a safe place to put it, considering I feel the entire house is under construction, and Mom's plants are on the floor of my bedroom (where they, for now, get the best sunlight).

I love my husband, but now he's hinting that he and his crew want breakfast this weekend.  Sigh.  I will have to think on that for now.



My new dishwasher magnet.  The men we hired to do the flooring put a scratch on it, so now this covers it.  I ordered it off of Etsy.

4 comments:

Debi said...

You have been so busy, but it will be worth it when you are finished. I didn't know there was such a thing as a dishwasher magnet. Can you buy a Meyer lemon and save a seed from it? Good luck with all your projects.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debi, I actually looked at the store yesterday for Meyer lemons. They did not have any. Thanks, we really like the new look of the kitchen, but had never had the new painting in mind when we cut out the floor.

Tracy dixon said...

Our kitchen renovation is slowly getting there. Ive got to make an updated post on my blog. I did however make a video of the updated progress on our channel.
Everything is looking good in your kitchen.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Tracy. It's time consuming, but at least I know I'm doing it right. After doing some ceiling trim, I see that the hired help who painted the ceiling missed some areas (sigh). I'll be fixing that soon too.