Skip to main content

Ramblings ~ New Recipe Tried

Although we have been told that the latest spike of covid is an actual common cold, we are watching our health right now, as a family member was tested positive.  My best friend also told me her friend tested positive last Sunday.

Afternoons are the hardest lately, if I chose to quit working early.  I miss my afternoon calls to Mom horribly.  I just want to pick up my phone and call her most days.

Not one of my serrano pepper plants sprouted, and I finally (after a long search) found one.

I've been very busy every day, so I surprised my husband with a meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn.  I also tried a new recipe - peanut butter pie.  I wanted to try this for family gatherings.  It was delicious!  The peanut butter pie we ate in Amish country was terrible.  As well as the one in town at a local business.  Both of them tasted like it was all marshmallow.  The new recipe is a keeper.  It is not overly sweet and filling like a cheesecake either.  I used all organic ingredients, including the cookie crust.  Recipe is from Pioneer Woman and can be found online.

Speaking of meals, I am working on the freezer, using up anything we stocked up on, to re-fill.  Not sure what tonight will be, but it may be fish or meatballs.

I ordered my organic music garlic from an Etsy dealer, and it has not shipped yet.  I have never had an issue with an Etsy dealer, but they have not emailed me back yet.  I'll update on that later. I really need to get it planted.

It's back to painting more in the kitchen today.  It rained the entire day yesterday.  My garden loved it I am sure.  It will be to wet to plant the remainder.

I've been so busy, I've been terrible at checking my email that is hooked up to my blog, terrible at commenting on blogs and even reading them.  I will try and do better at that as I get the garden and flower beds done.


Comments

Debi said…
You sound very busy. This time of the year with gardening starting and the fall with harvesting the garden are such busy times. Try to enjoy your weekend.
Thanks Debi, my husband only gets Sunday off, and he mentioned he may have to work, but we'll see. It may rain all weekend as well, but we have lots to do in the kitchen. It would be nice to have a sunny day to take Sunday off of everything.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart