Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Snow Storm!

We are expected to get up to 16 inches of snow in our area.  Over the next two days, the weather is said to be bad, but no snow is falling as of this morning.

I attempted to clean the coop, but could not get the barn doors open to get the cleaning tools, nor the straw.  By the time my husband got home, it was too late (after unloading more firewood from the truck).

I am pretty sure I have a sinus infection.  I've battled laryngitis for almost 2 weeks now.  Just one more thing to deal with.  I'll call my doctor first, but most likely will have to deal with the bad weather/roads and an urgent care visit. Until then, it's loading up on vitamins, lots of water, sipping teas, gargling, and salt water nasal spray.

As of right now, we don't even see rain in the area (forecasted first).  It will be interesting what actually happens in our area.

In the meantime, if you are a praying sort, please pray for my Mom.  She is now back in the hospital in ICU.  Please send prayers, good mojo, etc.


4 comments:

Jackie See said...

I am praying for your mother, may God heal her and provide for her needs. We got sleet about 4:30 this morning and it continued until about 7 and now it is snow blowing sideways. It is so nice to see all the winter brown covered in white snow. Ive carried out bird food and that is the only outing I have planned today. Stay in and stay warm. Take care of your sinus! ~jackie~

Phoebes World said...

Get well soon....

Stay safe and warm... and lots of prayers coming your way x

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jackie, I updated stuff in today's post, I ended up at Urgent care.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jackie and Phoebes, thank you for the prayers for Mom. She's just not doing well.