Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, February 26, 2022

Empty Nesters Soon

 Our house has been a mess since Christmas.  Covid kept us from tidy work, and before that a sprained ankle, then Mom's health and total focus on her.  I miss her already, and often reach for my cell phone a certain time of time, and realize I won't be calling her like I used to.  

Back to the messy house part.  I feel like the more I try to clean up, the worse it looks, as Daughter K has started the moving out process. Boxes of stuff everywhere.

We, due to limited vehicles (still), moved her bed last night.  It felt like it was a drive across country for us.  My husband and I slept in past the sunrise (almost never happens).

We are just exhausted with everything that has recently happened, that we just needed the rest.

I can't say, that I personally, have gotten enough rest.

In fact, things have been so out of whack, that I guess I missed paying the January internet bill.  The internet went out the other day, and when I called to report an outage, the automated call reminded me of the bill due. 

Sigh, I needed the internet to pay the bill, and once up that was taken care of.  It made sense though.  During covid, we barely left our bed, nor had energy for anything, and then brain fog.

I still have a mess on my office/computer area to clean up, and need to check emails I haven't checked since Christmas.  I apologize for that.  

The chickens are back to laying a bit more.  We are thankful for that.  More garden seeds are sprouting as well.  Now if we could just put winter behind, so we can get a break from splitting wood, that would be great.


1 comment:

mamasmercantile said...

When we first became empty nesters we were constantly at their houses doing jobs, diy or cooking for them it was an age before they became independent. Might be useful to establish some rules prior to them moving out. LOL!!!!