Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, February 25, 2022

Snail Mail Surprise and other Tidbits

 

I went to the porch to get the garden cart, to fill with wood, and found 2 boxes delivered.  One contained sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies, which were sent from Daughter K's boyfriend's mother and grandmother.  What a nice surprise (sent due to the passing of Mom/Grandma).

The other bigger box was sent to Daughter K from the business she works.  It was a grant that they had for employees getting covid.  They were a month late, but it was mostly food, but also contained disinfectant wipes, tissues and chapstick.

We woke up to a very cold morning, snow and a lot of ice.  Lovely.  

My green bell pepper seeds are finally sprouting, as well as some of the hot pepper seeds.  I am looking forward to spring.

2 comments:

Faith said...

Me too! I’ll be starting my seeds on March 1st. It’s icy here too. Spring is closer than it was yesterday👒🧶.

Carol said...

What nice surprises! I am sorry to hear of your mom's passing. I am so ready for spring as well.