Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Ice Storm ~ New Recipe Tried




Here are a few photos from the ice storm.  The sun was shining and everything looked so beautiful.  These photos do't show the true beauty that it created.


I finally made dinner for us three.  I tried a new recipe too, and it was delicious  - Creamy Garlic Mashed Cauliflower (Ahead of Thyme).  I used home grown garlic and it was so good.  I can't wait to make it with summer bounty and add fresh herbs to it as well.

It's only going to be a high of 20 degrees today.  Our low around 9 degrees.  I can hear the nasty wind whistling outside already.  I tried to sleep in, but yeah 7am was it.  My husband however, is snoring.


 

No comments: