Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Tidbit Thursday

Yesterday's challenge?  Walk to where we dump the ash pail without having to walk miles around more drifts left from the storm.

(Old Photo)

I know Valentine's Day is quickly approaching, but the football game will be on for sure.  I think this is the first year I have not been motivated to create nor start a Valentine's Day crochet project.  Mom's favorite items are heart shaped and made with mostly pink yarns.  I'm just emotionally spent this season. Are you creating anything for the holiday?

Our friends continue to ask us to join them again for a trip to Daytona Bike Week.  We have told them no.  One, Mom's health is not good, and two I personally didn't want to go (two times was enough for me).  I guess a few people have backed out on the trip, leaving rooms available to fill, so hopefully they will find someone else to go.  They are all flying this year, and one person is trailering the bikes. 

Speaking of Mom, she was given an antibiotic for pneumonia, but I haven't heard if it was confirmed she had it.  I talked to her on the phone, but she was so out of breath during the short conversation.  

All seeds (that need started indoors) for the garden have been planted in starter trays.  I have two extra trays, so if I think of anything I can add to it.  We are expanding the asparagus bed this year, so I have 72 plant starts.  Those were fun to plant.  The seed is black.  I just thought putting in plant starts would be much easier weeding-wise, than to start from seed.  It'll be a few years before we will be able to harvest, but I'm glad I'm expanding this year (looking forward to freezing a lot more of it in the years to come).

4 comments:

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

I hope you get the creative urge to make something Valentines. I hope I do too because I seem to be feeling like you. Maybe we could inspire each other in some way.
I'm saying a prayer for your Mom and hope she will be better soon.
You are so ambitious with the indoor starter garden. Now, I need to get mine started. Thanks for reminding me.
Dolly

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Dolly, I am digging out a pattern for a heart bookmark. Wish me luck. If I can find the right hook. I haven't had time to finish organizing my stuff yet. Glad I could inspire you to start seeds. It took my mind off things for sure. Thanks for the prayer for Mom.

Phoebes World said...

Oh...I love your hearts.. Im not making anything specific as I sew them all year for my Etsy shop and gifts.
Most of my seeds are planted in their trays...and I was so surprised to see a couple of pea shoots this morning, California growing is so different to what Im used to
Prayers coming your way for mum...
Stay warm x

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Phoebes World