Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Thank you . . .

 

(Mom and Aunt J at her favorite place - the beach)

Thank you all for your condolences, kind words and prayers during this difficult time.  I really do appreciate you all.

I know there will be things/places that will come across in my future that will bring back memories of Mom.  Her favorite travel spots, foods, books, flowers, popcorn from Amish country trips, wine, color....all good memories.

If any of us missed a family get together she would be mad for a few days, but I can guarantee you'd make the next one (ha ha!).

I know there will be things/places that will come across in my future that will bring back memories of Mom.  Her favorite travel spots, foods, books, flowers, popcorn from Amish country trips, wine, color....all good memories.

 

If any of us missed a family get together she would be mad for a few days, but I can guarantee you'd make the next one (ha ha!).

 

It's been a huge whirlwind of grief and emotions.

 

She absolutely loved the crocheted lap afghans I made her and always told me she got so many compliments.

 

I will be donating them to the home where my husband's (recently passed) sister used to live.  Many of the residents are in wheelchairs there.

 

She also bought (because she refused to take anything without) anything I crocheted in heart.  She encouraged me to crochet new things like the XL hotpads, thick dish scrubbies, the newest was the jar openers....just loved anything I made.  

 

One of her friends told me that Mom's purchases filled a drawer, where her friends could come if they needed something to gift (did not know this, ha ha!).

 

 



1 comment:

Lady Locust said...

Fond memories will keep her alive 💕