Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

It's Finished! Next Project?




The "has been in the closet for years" project is now finished!  I love the border.  You chose yellow for the last round.  It has been washed and is drying to pack up for the next grand child.  It was a fun pattern to do, but a long project.  I am just glad it's done and off the "unfinished" list.


Daughter K picked this yarn out for a house warming gift (full size blanket).  I'm not sure her boyfriend will like it, but ha!  I will need to go back to the store for more, but first need to calculate how much will be needed.

I think I will also buy them a wine rack and some wine.  I have some time to think about it, but the blanket must get started now, as we are heading into the garden season next.


I have a lot to knock off the to-do list, but first outside stuff.  Rain is on the way, and in a bad way.  We  need to cut more wood and get it split, and I promised to cook dinner tonight. 

There is literally so much going on in our minds, we are mentally overloaded.  I wrote down "notepad" on my shopping list, so keep in my purse.  I went to the store and did not mark it off the list, went home without it, and wrote it down again.

I need paper and pen in my purse when visiting Mom.  That way I can write down what she wants to eat if the nursing home doesn't have it.  She has been very nauseated lately. Yes, I know I can put a reminder note or whatnot on my phone, but I forget that it's on the phone.  I'm old school I guess, when it comes to note taking.


 

2 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

I am old school too and find a good old fashioned written list the best. Love the finished blanket, a beautiful heirloom.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you mamasmercantile