Skip to main content

It's Finished! Next Project?




The "has been in the closet for years" project is now finished!  I love the border.  You chose yellow for the last round.  It has been washed and is drying to pack up for the next grand child.  It was a fun pattern to do, but a long project.  I am just glad it's done and off the "unfinished" list.


Daughter K picked this yarn out for a house warming gift (full size blanket).  I'm not sure her boyfriend will like it, but ha!  I will need to go back to the store for more, but first need to calculate how much will be needed.

I think I will also buy them a wine rack and some wine.  I have some time to think about it, but the blanket must get started now, as we are heading into the garden season next.


I have a lot to knock off the to-do list, but first outside stuff.  Rain is on the way, and in a bad way.  We  need to cut more wood and get it split, and I promised to cook dinner tonight. 

There is literally so much going on in our minds, we are mentally overloaded.  I wrote down "notepad" on my shopping list, so keep in my purse.  I went to the store and did not mark it off the list, went home without it, and wrote it down again.

I need paper and pen in my purse when visiting Mom.  That way I can write down what she wants to eat if the nursing home doesn't have it.  She has been very nauseated lately. Yes, I know I can put a reminder note or whatnot on my phone, but I forget that it's on the phone.  I'm old school I guess, when it comes to note taking.


 

Comments

mamasmercantile said…
I am old school too and find a good old fashioned written list the best. Love the finished blanket, a beautiful heirloom.

Popular posts from this blog

Question

  I have asked this before, but I know I follow a few writers who have written (and published) novels.  What is the best free or best least expensive (simple like Word) writing software to use that is not Google Docs? Thanks! I'll be back with an update soon I hope.  But I do appreciate your help, because I cannot find the information some of you suggested.

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart