Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, February 12, 2022

Slush to Ice. . .

 

Yesterday's rain turned everything to slush, which froze over last night.  It's a sheet of ice out there now.  I warned our daughter before taking the dogs out this morning.  

We had a visit with Mom, and will be visiting again today.  My younger brother took one of her cats into her room for her to see.

Daughter E surprised us with a visit last night, and just in time for dinner.  Daughter K made us chicken alfredo last night for dinner and it was delicious.  I was thrilled she offered to cook, and she said she needs to do it more to prepare moving out with her boyfriend.

Daughter E tried on her halter top I crocheted and it fits.  She was tickled pink to take leftovers home with her. I was happy to see her and the fact I didn't have to cook dinner.

I will need to cook this weekend though.  Not sure what yet, but first I need to wake up with some coffee.  We all slept in this morning.

Oh, while shopping at Wal-mart the other day, I checked the yarn aisle for a hook I needed and lost.  Daughter K picked up some yarn. in what I call, hippie colors.  She wants a baby blanket made with it.  I told her we'd talk later about my next project, when the current project is finished.  I told her by the time she has kids she may change her mind on those colors.  She is insisting that she'll love the colors, so we'll see if it happens. 

2 comments:

Lady Locust said...

Sounds like a nice dinner, having everyone there and not having to cook is a good thing.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Lady Locust, it was very nice. I loved that one of them cooked the meal too. It gave me a sense of a break to enjoy the time.