Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, February 28, 2022

Happy Homemaker Monday

 My siblings and I have been boxing up items at Mom's house, doing research on where to take what (her wishes were that nothing went to Goodwill, and no estate sale type sale at the house).

I located a place like Goodwill that helps area businesses.  Most nursing homes take flower vases, but not right now.  Due to covid they are not taking any donations.

We, in the midst of it all, got the brakes replaced on the Buick (used a friend's garage and hired someone), had to split more wood, and Daughter E came out to have dinner with us.


Today, I am joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.


The weather . . .
Over the next few days we are to get up into the 50's.

How I am feeling . . .
Mentally exhausted.  Last night my husband and I were talking about how strong Mom was over the years.  We talked about Mom's surgery for breast cancer and how I sat in the waiting room with her friend from the bank.  We were there at the crack of dawn, and I was in her room after surgery until after 11pm at night.  We talked about Mom's first heart surgery and how my younger brother and I sat in the waiting room all day long.  We watched movies on a device he brought, and waited until we could see Mom.  My younger brother stayed the night in the waiting room, until Mom was fully awake to talk to.  

We also talked about the second surgery at Cleveland Clinic.  Those were very long days.  Mom was put in an out patient bed (not a room at first), so we had to drive back and forth for it, along with a long wait during surgery.  Mom wanted to pay for us to stay in a motel.  I remember we lied to her and told her we were (so she didn't worry), but drove back and forth to save the money on the cost of a hotel.  I remember it was me getting a migraine first from lack of sleep, then the next day my younger brother.



On the breakfast plate ...
Have no idea.  First the coffee.

On my reading pile. . .
Same book, but not reading it.

On my TV . . .
Whatever we find that we like.


The menu this week. . .
Have no idea.  My brain is not on full capacity.


From the camera . . . 



I knew this was at Mom's house, and I was the recipient.  It's an unfinished double sided crocheted blanket.  I have no idea how to finish it, but will do some research.

Looking around the house . . .
Considering all current events, and a kiddo moving out....it's a hot mess.

To-do list . . .
-bake a breakfast
-laundry
-floors
-work on messes in our bedroom
-water seedlings
-clean up computer area
-I have been on dog/cat duty since last Friday
-master bath
-plan the menu


Prayers . . .
Our family.  Losing Mom has been very difficult.

4 comments:

Luludou said...

Oh had not been by for awhile. My sympathies for your mom. Then dealing with boxing up the stuff is so hard.
Hope you get some rest this week - mental and physical

Sandra said...

I am so sorry about your mom's passing. It is so difficult to have to go through all their belongings, we still haven't gotten to it all,and my mother in law passed in September of 2020.

Hope you manage to get some rest in, please take care of yourself through this time.

Have a blessed week.

Jean said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. That's a tough one. Hope you are finding some peace this week.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Sandra and Jean