Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

I have no idea what day it is moment....

Woke up to 3 inches of snow.  Lovely.  I also woke up and asked myself what day it was, ha ha!

Daughter K's car is still in the garage on a jack.  Hopefully it will be up and running by tonight.  They kept running into problems, and now she needs a new battery.  

Since we are down one vehicle I had my Daughter K deliver the ornaments to the salon on her way to work.

A hunter knocked on the door and said he shot a deer and wanted permission to walk the woods behind our homestead.  I told him yes.  Later in the day I saw them dragging their deer from way out back.  I locked up the dogs (only way to get out of the house without them getting out), and told them they could drive their truck out there and get the deer.  They are thankful. Their 4-wheeler would not start.  Nice guys, and thankful they were respectful to knock vs. trespass.  I'm glad they found their deer too.  

Mom has been admitted into the hospital.  Her heart doctor is actually inside the hospital, but they could not admit her yesterday due to the hospital completely full.  Hopefully we'll have updates soon.

2 comments:

Rain said...

Hi Kristina, I hope your mom is okay. Sending prayers to her and you. That is very respectful of the hunters! Oh I never know what day it is, I need Google Calendar to remind me!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Rain, she still doesn't have an actual room in the hospital yet as I type, but being treated in the ER. She is not happy for sure, but she's getting what she needs.