Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, November 1, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday

 We got away for another adventure over the weekend.  A fall foliage trip.  








The colors were absolutely gorgeous.  The weather not so good, but we still had a good time.


Today I am joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

The weather . . .
51°/34°F

How I am feeling this morning . . .

Tired.  I didn't sleep well, with a lot on my mind, despite our weekend away.  I came home to a dirty kitchen, and it's time to do a family meeting with Daughter K about her housekeeping (lack of is a better word).


On my mind . . .

See above.  I've been up since 3am.  


On the breakfast plate . . .

Have no clue.  Egg production is down, so there is that.


Right now I am . . .

Doing dishes, getting dinner in the crock pot and getting my head together to make a to-do list.


On my reading pile . . .

Nothing.


On today's to-do list . . .

-make a plan for the rest of the week, as I have to get it together today first.


On my TV . . .

How to get away with murder - Netflix


On the menu . . .

Working on it.  


From the camera . . .

See weekend trip photos above.


Looking around the house . . .

It's a mess, but mostly due to a lazy daughter.


New recipe I tried or want to try . . .

A homemade cake recipe I want to try.


To relax this week I will . . . 

Crochet


Prayer list . . .

All the families that also recently lost loved ones.

8 comments:

Luludou said...

Hope you get to rest and relax this week. Looks like you had a good weekend, hate getting back to a messy house though :(
Have a great week

Jean said...

What beautiful photos of the colorful fall trees. Hope you have a wonderful first week of November!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Luludou, thanks. Coming home to a mess is frustrating. She's 21 too. We are having a sit down talk for sure.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Jean

Sandra said...

Gorgeous photos, I really do think Fall is the most beautiful season. It's never fun coming home to a messy house, I'm sorry that happened.

Sure hope you get some rest this week.

Have a blessed week.
Sandra

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sandra, thank you. Yeah, living with a 21 year-old can be a challenge lately.

Bobbing Along said...

I know how you feel. My daughter is 22, she works in the evenings but would not dream of doing anything around the house unless asked or her friends are coming round.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Bobbing Along, same here. Only if we have company coming over will she clean.