Skip to main content

I have no idea what day it is moment....

Woke up to 3 inches of snow.  Lovely.  I also woke up and asked myself what day it was, ha ha!

Daughter K's car is still in the garage on a jack.  Hopefully it will be up and running by tonight.  They kept running into problems, and now she needs a new battery.  

Since we are down one vehicle I had my Daughter K deliver the ornaments to the salon on her way to work.

A hunter knocked on the door and said he shot a deer and wanted permission to walk the woods behind our homestead.  I told him yes.  Later in the day I saw them dragging their deer from way out back.  I locked up the dogs (only way to get out of the house without them getting out), and told them they could drive their truck out there and get the deer.  They are thankful. Their 4-wheeler would not start.  Nice guys, and thankful they were respectful to knock vs. trespass.  I'm glad they found their deer too.  

Mom has been admitted into the hospital.  Her heart doctor is actually inside the hospital, but they could not admit her yesterday due to the hospital completely full.  Hopefully we'll have updates soon.

Comments

Rain said…
Hi Kristina, I hope your mom is okay. Sending prayers to her and you. That is very respectful of the hunters! Oh I never know what day it is, I need Google Calendar to remind me!
Thanks Rain, she still doesn't have an actual room in the hospital yet as I type, but being treated in the ER. She is not happy for sure, but she's getting what she needs.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart