Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Roaming thoughts ~ Question and other Ramblings

We have a couple of Thanksgiving meals planned, and I'm working on what I'm going to make and take.  We are actually having a meal with my side of the family this year.

Best and cheapest place (in store or online) place to buy Lion Brand 24/7 cotton yarn?  I'm currently looking at $4.99 a skein, but it'd be great to find it less than that.  I haven't been to our Wal-mart lately, so I haven't checked there in store yet.



I baked us a loaf of banana bread.  Kitchen smelled so good.

I found local pasture fed meat, and it is super close to the homestead.  I'm working up my order.  


2 comments:

Carol said...

I know yarn is increasing in price the same as everything else. I have no idea as to what the cost is here. I am excited that you found meat local and farm raised, it is always the best.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, I can order the meat and lard online and set a date and time to do a pick up. It's literally not far from here either. I'm just happy. I do plan to do some in store shopping for yarn next week. I see there are some sales, but it may mean one skein here or there.