Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

. . . from the handiwork journal

 

I was tickled pink to get a message with an order for 8 of my hand crocheted dish scrubbies the other day.  Shipping, however, has gone up again.

(older photo)

I have about 15 more rows to finish this lap afghan for Mom.



Daughter E asked me to make her a handmade ornament for their salon.  I crocheted her a nail polish bottle.

Did anyone see yesterday's cooking show on Create TV?  They baked a pork shoulder, bake a side dish with red cabbage (in the oven) and homemade BBQ sauce?  I can't remember what they called the red cabbage dish and cannot find the episode or recipe.  If you watched can you help me find it?  I was crocheting Mom's blanket and my husband got home.  I missed the end and missed the name of the dish and BBQ sauce.  I missed the names of the people cooking them, so I have no idea how to find it all.  I checked the TV schedule, and it won't go backwards, only forwards on the schedule.  I even tried searching the recipes on Create TV.  I cannot find it.

Update:  It's Farmer and the Foodie episode 104, but I can't view the show anywhere nor find the recipes.

Update again!  I finally found it.  Now to find a local farmer with a pork shoulder.....


1 comment:

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Yes just mailing anything is expensive to do. I will have to look up TV show.