Skip to main content

My Thoughts Ran Wild! ~ Chit-Chat

I was running around gathering laundry, picked up some socks off the floor (sigh), and there sat a bag of used canning lids.  I grabbed them too.  That's when things when wild.

I loaded the washer, but only to find a lonely sock laying in the hallway.  Sheesh.

Okay, about the wild mind of mind....

I was literally going insane, digging through what craft supplies I did not purge, thinking "there has to be way to create an ornament out of these lids."  

I had to find all my supplies, but then kept telling myself, not until I get the apple crisp baked, the onions out of the dehydrator, laundry done and whatnot.  I kept telling myself, as excited as I was (and I haven't been this excited to do a Christmas ornament in a long, long time), "focus woman, focus!" Ha ha!

Oh, funny thing.  Daughter K took Mom to a doctor appt and texted me that Mom said she smelled like onions (ha ha ha!).

Mom has at least two doctor appts. next week, so we will all be busy with that.


As for the ornament, I'll have an update when they are complete.  I'm putting instructions on my other blog (S.C.R.A.P) because I haven't posted on that one in like forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart