Skip to main content

Random Tidbits

I went to our closest grocery store yesterday, but was disappointed with the organic vegetable section.   Sigh.  I will need to make the longer drive in the opposite direction from now on.  

I've been cutting netting the last few days to make dish scrubbies for the upcoming craft show.  The are a big seller at the shows.  I added another new color - orange.

I'm focusing on buying USA made, and just ordered a board game for my niece and nephew for Christmas.  I don't think I'll be making homemade gifts this year, as with Mom's health and the way the world is, we most likely won't get together (sadly).  I could be wrong.  It is fun coming up with new gift ideas though.  I already have one idea just in case.

Speaking of Mom, she had another fall last night.  Her legs are being treated by a wound clinic now thankfully.  One leg was infected and the other has a growth, that they took a biopsy from. She also had blood come from her ear, in which I told her to immediately call her doctor about.  The visiting nurse didn't seem to think it was anything (but this is not normal).  The issues are communication right now.

I think yesterday was the first day in a long time to not stock up on something.  I'm back at it today though.  No pictures today for some odd reason.


Comments

Granny_J said…
Who has medical power of attorney for your mother? That person can and should call the doctor about the blood coming from her ear.
Granny J, it's my younger brother, and I have notified him due to the fact I did tell Mom to call her doctor immediately. She did not. Sigh. I know it can be a serious thing.
Debi said…
Prayers for you as you go through this. I hope the medical people can find the source of your mom's issues and you can get resolution soon.
Rebecca Knox said…
Thanks for inspiring me concerning Christmas this year! USA made...YES!!! I've been in such a fog since John passed that I probably wouldn't have thought about ordering ahead if you hadn't mentioned it. Thank you!!! Sorry to hear about your mom's fall and hope that she is okay. I went to Aldi's this afternoon...got a couple of turkeys and stocked up on holiday foods. Blessings!
Rebecca, glad I could inspire you. It was my Mom who got me thinking about items I buy and where they are made. You reminded me that I need to make a trip to our area Aldi's too. I think they have a few items I need to stock up on as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart