Skip to main content

Motivation Returns ~ From Pile to File Recipe (Sweet Potato Egg Cups)

We have a lot going on now.  Woot!  I heard it from my husband's mouth!  His goal is to finish the hallway completely this weekend.  What's on the list?  Well, for starters, I have boxes in the hall (again) that need delivered.  After that we finish the hallway flooring and trim.  I'm excited to see him motivated, but the weather may have something to do with that too, ha ha!  Although it's a bit chilly this morning.

The purge continues, but at a slower pace unfortunately.  I have done it again - printed new recipes to try.  I want to switch up our breakfast meals, try a few for larger group meals, and some for potlucks/summer cook outs.  I'm having a family get together one way or another (for whoever wants to come).  I miss family.

You may see lack of posts from now until later in March.  There are two possibilities for the bathroom remodel.  Not sure which way we'll go.  


New Recipe!  Baked Sweet Potato Cups (Skinny Taste online).  The next time I will add garlic powder.  So good!  It's a keeper!  The only difference with the instructions, is that I had to bake the eggs longer (18 minutes for mostly cooked yolks), and I rotated the pan.  The one egg that was under the oven light was baking faster.  Will definitely keep this on the breakfast menu.  Oh, I also used parchment paper cups vs. non-stick spray, and it worked great.  The sweet potatoes do not look orange because they were organic hannah sweet potatoes (have a white color to them).

Finally got around to making kamut flake bars.  I added dried cherries, pecans and hemp seeds.

Had to drain a jar of homemade vanilla to make the bars though.

I have more recipes to try, but need a few ingredients.

I've started two trays of seeds, but need two more trays and soil.  The sun is shining most days and it's been so enjoyable.





Comments

Leigh said…
Everything looks really yummy. Now I'm hungry!
mamasmercantile said…
The egg cups look tasty, I have a glut of eggs at the moment that we need to use.
mamasmercantile, the egg cups were delicious and re-heated great too for the next day for my husband's to-go breakfast.
Cockeyed Jo said…
I wish you'd use your link button when you tell us websites so we can find the recipes easier. I'd love to follow along.
Cockeyed Jo, will link up the website next time for you

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart