Skip to main content

from the handiwork journal . . .



. . .got more fridge magnets made and packaging them. There were more that didn't get in the photo.




. . . more recipe card holders in the making.  They need embellished with buttons, and packages up for a craft show this year.

(sorry no photo yet)

. . . finishing up the back panel and started one sleeve on the cardigan.


. . .more progress on the wine cork ornaments

. . . got the black netting cut and rolled into balls for the order I received.  It took me almost 3 hours to cut and roll the entire 10 yards, but I got it done.


. . . finished my latest craft project.  If I have enough scrap wood, I will make these to sell as well as gift.  I love it.  Instructions are on my S.C.R.A.P. Blogspot.  I may make some with coffee packets too.  Maybe even small packages of candy or mints?  Lots of ideas for this one.  Makes a nice random act of kindness too.  While cleaning my craft supplies, I had everything already packed up to give to our daughter.  Sigh....I just couldn't help myself.  

Comments

Must be for a Christmas Sale.....

💕 💓 💗 💖 💗 💓 💕
Rain said…
Your crafts are really lovely Kristina :)
Beside a babbling brook, the ornaments are for next Christmas. Now is the best time for me to make them. The summer is busy with the garden.
Mother Em said…
Re frozen sink/pipes. It's not pretty, but I've put those thick sheets of styro foam you get for insulation between the down drain and wall. Our old house just has the outside wood, inside wall and cupboard on the Northside, so, yes, it is cold. Not pretty, but who sees under the sink. Also, those foam wraps around the pipes in the basement that happen to be near the brick walls helps some. My washer pipes, drain are on that wall, so I never wash until it's 45 degrees or higher.

Haha, just my two cents again. And we're in the South!
Mother Em said…
Husband has planted sprouted white potatoes in the garden, covered with "bookooz" (beaucoups) of leaves, but Mr. or Mrs. Squirrel has had to see what was buried there. Good luck on your summer gardening this year.
Mother Em, just before we moved into this place (orginally a rental), they should have heat taped the water lines. In the older part of the house we have a very small crawl space. It may be due to limestone, but we are not sure. Anyway, there is enough space for a very skinny person to crawl in to do the job.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart