Skip to main content

Weather and other Tidbits

I did not get to town yesterday.  Youngest had to take my truck to work.  Her car doors were frozen shut.  Sigh.  Speaking of Youngest, she and a friend are looking for an apartment.  I don't blame her.  Her drive to work is difficult during inclement weather (from our homestead).  She is planning to take her cat.  I'm gonna miss them both.  I guess if it does happen, I'll be adopting a house cat soon.

I'll admit, knowing I wasn't leaving the house yesterday caused me to catch the lazy bug.  Boy oh boy.  Lazy.

Thankfully the "freeze" that was predicted won't be as bad, but next weekend looks like it may be.  

I had intended to start the day yesterday purging more crafting do-dads.  Oh my.  I filled one box half way and started two more craft projects. Ha ha ha!  I'll have some nice Christmas tuck in gifts and other gifts ready early for this next holiday time.



Thanks to a post over at Mamas Mercantile, I found a way to use up some scrap wall paper, and re-purpose some buttons. Thanks for the inspiration, and helping me use up and create!

You can see the project over on my S.C.R.A.P. Blogspot.


Ideas for revitalizing and energizing yourself (cont.):

31. Get proper rest

32. Get regular vigorous exercise

33. Eat a nutritionally balanced diet

34. Lose weight

35. Control all your input


Comments

Cockeyed Jo said…
Kristina, the snow finally hit us. We got 2."
mamasmercantile said…
We seem to be inspiring each other of late. Yours look wonderful.
Cockeyed Jo, we continue to get more snow. I may need to shovel the gate area to the chicken coop.
mamasmercantile, thank you. Love your ideas!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart