Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, February 6, 2021

Weather and other Tidbits

I did not get to town yesterday.  Youngest had to take my truck to work.  Her car doors were frozen shut.  Sigh.  Speaking of Youngest, she and a friend are looking for an apartment.  I don't blame her.  Her drive to work is difficult during inclement weather (from our homestead).  She is planning to take her cat.  I'm gonna miss them both.  I guess if it does happen, I'll be adopting a house cat soon.

I'll admit, knowing I wasn't leaving the house yesterday caused me to catch the lazy bug.  Boy oh boy.  Lazy.

Thankfully the "freeze" that was predicted won't be as bad, but next weekend looks like it may be.  

I had intended to start the day yesterday purging more crafting do-dads.  Oh my.  I filled one box half way and started two more craft projects. Ha ha ha!  I'll have some nice Christmas tuck in gifts and other gifts ready early for this next holiday time.



Thanks to a post over at Mamas Mercantile, I found a way to use up some scrap wall paper, and re-purpose some buttons. Thanks for the inspiration, and helping me use up and create!

You can see the project over on my S.C.R.A.P. Blogspot.


Ideas for revitalizing and energizing yourself (cont.):

31. Get proper rest

32. Get regular vigorous exercise

33. Eat a nutritionally balanced diet

34. Lose weight

35. Control all your input


4 comments:

Cockeyed Jo said...

Kristina, the snow finally hit us. We got 2."

mamasmercantile said...

We seem to be inspiring each other of late. Yours look wonderful.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cockeyed Jo, we continue to get more snow. I may need to shovel the gate area to the chicken coop.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, thank you. Love your ideas!