Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Another Record Temperature Day and randomness

I wrote up my to-do list and a rainy day list as well.  In fact, I went to get my felt I need to finish an on-going craft, and could not find it.  Another item lost in the shuffle.  Good grief. 

One daughter was heading to pick up a friend and stopped in the craft store for me thankfully.



Solar batteries arrived, so those are now in the pole lights.  They sent me this free keychain.  It's a very bright, mini flashlight.  So cute.  It's going in my keychain collection.  Did you know I collect keychains?  I haven't added any to it lately, but this will be added.  I wish I could find a place to display them all for the public to see.  


Sometime around dinner time, and right after I locked up the chickens, this cat showed up.  Very healthy, very friendly, tried to come in the house.....most likely dumped.  A male.  I put the photo up on social media on a lost pet page.  No one has claimed him yet.  Sad.  The weather will start to get cold, and I cannot keep it. He is obviously an indoor cat.  People make me sick.  Just because we have barns does not mean we need more barn cats (he is not an outdoor cat either from what we can tell).

Zuri ran after it, and we thought it ran off.  Later it showed up again.  I sure hope it either finds it's way home, or someone takes him.  He'll drive the dogs nuts and that will not be fun taking dogs out.

Yesterday was 78 degrees and windy.  Nice day for hanging clothes on the line.  The sun was not out much however.  Only one pole light charged.  I hope the sun is out today.



7 comments:

Cockeyed Jo said...

We too hit the high 70s. Such cockeyed weather! But with the warmer weather came rain again so no outside projects and we have a ton to do.

Dumped animals have always been my pet peeve!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cockeyed Jo, we got rain last night too. Too wet to do much out there today, so I'm inside tidying up.

Hummingbird said...

Hang those keychains on a small tree like a year-round Christmas tree. When we used to travel, I always got a keychain as a Christmas ornament from everywhere we went. :)

Mary said...

Poor sweet cat

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Hummingbird, that is a great idea! Thanks!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mary, the cat is so friendly, it has to be someone's pet. I'm still trying to find the owner via social media. I hope to find them soon too. My barn cat isn't liking it, nor the dogs either.

mamasmercantile said...

What a shame poor cat. Hopefully he will be claimed. What a great idea to hang the keychains on a tree I am betting that will look spectacular.