Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Barter and other randomness

 

I'm putting together my barter for my husband's cousin.  She is the one who found me canning lids and had them shipped to my home.  I bought a red plastic basket and found this cute "canning" decor.  She'll get a jar of home canned tomato soup, home canned ketchup, and some other items I haven't yet decided on.

There are two brands of whole dried elderberries being recalled, and one is certain batch numbers of organic starwest botanicals.  I received an email, but thankfully it is not the batch I bought.

Tuesday was a much less stress over housework kind of day.  So thankful for that.  

I had one daughter home early and the other home later.  We moved front porch furniture (some) into storage and hauled the wood we split to the porch.  

The chainsaw parts have not arrived yet, and there has been no word on my car (going on week 4 of the car).

I haven't found any copies of my "Teabag Tidbits" newsletters.  Yet.  I may have them on a flash drive.

I put a basket of snacks on a small table on my porch.  I also added bottles of water.  I put a note in it for the UPS, FedEx and USPS.  Yesterday UPS came, and it totally made my day to see his smile and watch him take a snack (even with 3 dogs howling).

4 comments:

Carol said...

So nice to leave your delivery men and women snacks and waters. I have always wondered if it would be appropriate to leave a snack area for them.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, all the snacks are in sealed wrappers. I wondered if they would take them, and so far one did. Not that I have that many deliveries, but it sure put a smile on his face.

Debby Flowers said...

I agree Kristina, very kind thing to do!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Debby