Skip to main content

Car Update ~ Grill out and other tidbits

The car has been fixed.  I'm so blessed to have a husband who knows how to fix cars.  Daughter is a happy camper and so am I - no stressing about how everyone gets to work today.  We live out in the boonies, so getting them all to opposite directions from 25 minutes to an hour for each is much easier today.

Hubby had to take a day off work to fix the car, so once that was done we took the Harley (a no coat ride)E out for a few groceries, and came home to grill out dinner.  The weather was a record high of 80 degrees.

We however, will dip down to the 30's again tonight, but we enjoyed our warmer weather.  Now that we have a break in car repairs, I need to remind my husband to fix the chicken coop so I can get eggs from the outside.  

I purged more magazines, and have just a few more to go through.  Saving that for a rainy day.  

I'm going to be taking advantage of a 77 degree day, and putting laundry out on the line.  I need do outside work today before it starts getting cold again. 

E-ghads!  I have no photo for today's post.  The leaves are falling from the trees and they are almost bare here.


 

Comments

mamasmercantile said…
I am thrilled for you that the car was fixed. It must be so much easier when you are not worrying about the family getting around. We are having a warm spell here too.
mamasmercantile, yes, so happy the car is fixed.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart