Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

 

Today I'm joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.


The weather outside is . . .

Cold, sunny, 40's, lows tonight 30's


On the breakfast plate this morning . . .

Egg Souffle (again)


As I look outside my window . . .

It's sunny.


As I look around the house . . .

Not really looking.  Things can wait for now.


What I am wearing today . . .

PJs.  


To do today or this week . . .

-pick out an outfit for Dad's graveside service

-try and get a hair cut

-get through the week


Currently reading . . .

Nothing this week.


On the TV . . .

Operation Christmas Drop


On the menu this week . . .

So far it's been take out.  Chicken noodle soup is in the crockpot and after that most likely take out.  To mental stressed to even want to cook/bake.


Something I want to share. . .
If you go to Cookies and Cups website you can copy and paste and print this chart.  We may all need it if things get bad.


From the camera . . .


Miss Thelma thought the food tasted better inside the feeder.

Prayers . . .
Our family (Dad passed away), Youngest, for the healing of our 21 year-old's hand surgery, Mom (staying save from the virus), our country, our daughter who has grandkids (she is sick, doctor today said he's 99% sure she has covid), and other personal requests


Comments

Mother Em said…
Prayers for the family.

Another Original KFC Bucket of Chicken.
Felicia said…
I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.
Cockeyed Jo said…
Breathe! Breathe@ Repeat! Cry when you need to and breathe.
wyomingheart said…
🙏🏼 🙏🏼 🙏🏼
Luludou said…
So sorry for your loss. Hoping the other family members recover quickly.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart