Skip to main content

This and That

I totally forgot about the tomato stakes until I was loading wood to the porch.  I hauled the cart out there, filled 'er up and put them away for the winter. 

I then hauled the cart to the house, and filled it with dead hanging potted flowers etc.  Those were dumped and porch is bit more cleaned off for winter.

King had a seizure last night that lasted 3 minutes.  I will have to watch the dogs very carefully today.  No rough-housing.  Poor pup.  We believe he ate something poisoned when that daughter lived in the apt.  There were people putting out food to entice loose dogs to get poisoned.  He never had seizures until after he got out loose at the apt.

Comments

mamasmercantile said…
Poor thing such a shame. Hope he recovers quickly.
Thank you mamasmercantile. He is doing good for now. I see my font changed again after I posted. Grr.
Mother Em said…
People, animal-hating people, are horrible. We had our outside cat, Oreo, killed a year ago with rat poison that none of the neighbors would admit to... do you think they would? Had a neighbor across the street who just moved out this past summer say they had rats in the house - had fruit left out eaten! Yekk, to think they were roaming around the house when you were asleep!
Mother Em, it is terrible that people do that. One year, someone did it to roaming cats in a nearby town and was arrested.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart