Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Full Day in the Kitchen

I have two kitchen tables.  We use both during tomato season then potato season.  They are perfect for feeding family during get togethers (which I miss dearly).  Anyway, my larger table has become he spot to drop stuff and not put it away.  Yesterday I cleared it off.  Everything went to their home.


New tablecloths were put down, and yes that one on the table behind it is a Christmas one.  I really want a Christmas cloth for the smaller table in blues.  The one I have works for now.




I also tried a new bread recipe.  First, I wanted to try it due to the lesser amounts of ingredients and it didn't require bread flour.  Second.  I needed bread to make a french toast breakfast.

The recipe for the bread is a 4 ingredient recipe, which makes 2 loaves.  It's online (Simple Amish White Bread Recipe, Donna Elick).  I used all organic ingredients.

I was skeptical at first.  It uses all-purpose flour and no eggs. I used the full 7 cups of flour, and felt it should have had a bit more, as the dough was very soft.  Well, the bread rose nicely and tasted good. Now, when I cannot locate bread flour, I have this recipe to fall back on.

Dinner was a bit of work, but I decided on Chicken Spaghetti and corn.

Guess what?  My car is finally back home. 

6 comments:

wyomingheart said...

Congrats on the car!!!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

wyomingheart, we still have to make a trip to the BMV to get it "legal" before Dec. 1st. We have until then. Sigh...what a year this has been.

Bev from Northern CA said...

Hi, really enjoy your blog. Organic flours, all types. From Jamie's Mill in Illinois. Have ordered from them. Love their flour. First learned about from theitchengarden blog. Cecile works there. She farms and raises organic. We are up in years but all our life have raised everything. Here in Scott Valley at the top of Calif. we are facing the same crazy things going on with Covid! Take care. Bev




mamasmercantile said...

The bread looks delicious. I must look up the recipe and give it a try. Thrilled you got the car back.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Bev, thanks for the info on that flour. Will have to check it out.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, thanks. Yes, so happy to have the car back and running great!