Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, November 3, 2023

Email Hacked - Do Not Send Email to Listed Email

 Do not send any email to the "contact" email address listed on my profile.  It has been hacked.  All security options listed to sign in our not mine, and I am unable to open my account.

I am trying to change it, but this may be the end of my blog, as I am tired of dealing with security issues.  

If you know how to get help with Yahoo regarding a hacked email account please let me know.  The only option they give me is to call a 1-800 number and pay to get someone's help.

I am unable to remove the email address from my profile as of right now.  Blogger tells me an email for readers is required.  So for now, do not email me to that address.  Someone else is reading them.


Update:  I have removed the email for now. 

Also, my google account associated with this blog was compromised.   


On a side note, if there is anyone who can direct me to a YouTube or website to create a "contact us" form, that would be great.  To put on blogger so I don't have an email address showing, but also so it's user friendly.

5 comments:

Debby said...

Get a 2nd Gmail account then go back to your blog under settings.

add the 2nd email as admin to your blog under Permissions. You'll have to go back to the email and click on it for the invite that you sent to yourself. A little back and forth (it doesn't take long) and you're blog will be under a new email. That won't change your blog or your followers -
The same thing happened to me a few years ago and I now always keep a 2nd or even a 3rd alternative email in permissions so I don't lose my blog.

I sure hope this helps. It's hard to explain it without photos.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debby, I will check on doing this.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debby, another question. When I go to reply a comment, I can see my email address with a box that says "email follow-up comments to ...."
How do I shut that off? I can't see where I can.

Debby said...

Now that I don't know. Play with it with the new email and try and set it up with that one and see what happens. Blogger keeps changing things and there are so many glitches they never seem to fix. Like right now I am having a problem uploading images or even using my blogger images. It's maddening but I have switched once to WordPress and I just had a heck of a time with that. I do hope it all works out for you - I'd hate to see you quit blogging.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debby I am having the same problem with photos uploading. It's been frustrating for sure.