Skip to main content

Gift Idea Using Hand Written Recipes

 

Did you know there are companies who can print your hand written recipes onto a kitchen towel for gift giving?  I just found this out, but have not done it.  I talked to the kids, and they said they "already" have Mom's recipe for hot cranberry punch, and did not want a towel.

Anyway, just sharing for those who may want to save a family recipe and do this.
 
Note:  Testing this post for some changes 

Comments

Leigh said…
First of all, the custom recipe towel idea is fantastic! I've never heard of that, and I'll probably have some towels made without asking, lol.

Secondly, I am so so sorry you got hacked. What a headache especially because the victim is always the one to get the runaround. It shouldn't be that way.

About the copyright notice. I don't recall where you had it before. I have one in my blog footer (which I doubt anyone ever gets to) and also at the end of every post (copy, paste, and update for each new post). On my fiber journal, I put the copyright notice near the top of the sidebar. I used blogger's layout page to add gadgets for those. It's odd they don't have a specific copyright gadget, but they don't. If you don't have a copy, here's the symbol to copy and paste where you want it

©

There are also no
Jackie said…
I knew this, but just haven't done it. Perhaps a bit later the sons would like something like this.

God bless.
Leigh, thanks. Yes, I found that some Etsy stores will make the towels or even have the recipe printed on hot pads as well. Other places online may also make them.

Thanks for the tips. It was a pain, and I spent most of my morning getting my blog fixed. I will look at yours again too to see how you copyright your posts.
Jackie, it is a great gift idea. That is my Mom's handwriting and her famous Christmas time punch recipe.
Cindy said…
yes, the recipe on a dish towel is what my daughter-in-law did for me several years after my mom passed. she had my mom's famous apple cake recipe put on one. it is a very special gift i will always treasure.
Leigh said…
No matter where you decide to put your copyright notice, I recommend always including a link to your own blog in every post. Years ago I had a whole series of posts stolen from my fiber blog for a spam blog (created with 100% stolen content) that was pushing viagra. I only found this out by checking statcounter referral links; someone had clicked a link within my post and ended up on my blog. Of the dozens of people this guy stole content from, only one other person had a link back to their own blog. I contacted that person and together we brought the spammer down.
Leigh, wow! Thank you for the advice. I will be doing adding it to my posts now.
Cindy that is so nice she did that.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart