Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, November 13, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday


All of my plant cuttings from the herb garden did not produce roots.  I had sage, basil, two cuttings of parsley, and one of spearmint, and they all died off.  I'm wondering if it was too late in the season.  I really want an indoor sage plant, so I may be looking for seeds or a plant soon.

Our weekend went way too fast.  Saturday was a wash for a work day, due to an event that pretty much took over the entire day.  We worked on the chicken coop Sunday, but we both agreed that we do need help with the roofing.  




Today I will be joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. 

The weather . . .

We will be running about in the lower 60's for the high this week.


Right now I am . . .

Sipping coffee, posting this.


Thinking and pondering . . .

 I have a bottle of coconut syrup I need to use up.  Any suggestions other than topping pancakes/waffles?

Oh!  I might be good on yogurt and granola.  Mmm.


How I am feeling . . .

I am really not feeling the holiday motivation at all. I would much rather prefer to stay in, watch movies, crochet or whatever.  I have no motivation to host any meal this season. 


On the breakfast plate . . .

Scrambled eggs, turkey sausage scramble with bell peppers and onions.  Coffee.


On the menu . . .

-Crockpot steak/potatoes, side of asparagus or brussel sprouts
-Crock pot pork chops, sheet pan root vegetables
-Sheet pan chicken and sweet potatoes, creamed corn


On my reading pile . . .



On my TV this week . . .

Movies on Amazon Prime.


Looking around the  house . . .

Well, I still need to preserve some squash, so those are still in the kitchen.  I need to measure and cut my under the sink mat, and put everything back where it belongs.  We are still putting things back to their homes from all the projects.  My husband finally went through a few boxes and sorted and purged.


To-Do List . . .

More like a week long to-do list, as I am working on deep cleaning projects that I abandoned during all these projects.  Hence a lot of crock pot or sheet pan meals this week.

-Laundry
-dishes
-take trash out
-Dust
-Wash rugs
-Clean out fridge
-Work on front porch clean up
-start baking and freezing the last of the spaghetti squash
-work on upstairs flooring
-paint chicken coop door, partial trim

From the camera . . .


We pieced the upper back with scraps, to avoid having to purchase another sheet, and to use what we have.  


Something to share . . .

Come back my blog in a few days.  If you crochet that is.  I will be sharing a post about the yarn stash and how the baby washcloths are going.


Thanksgiving Tips/DIY Ideas and Recipes . . .

I have no holiday mojo this season (literally zero), but I have made a new pea dish.  I am waiting on a review from a taste tester (other than us).  Post to follow this week.


Devotional, Bible Verses, Prayers . . .

No current prayer requests.


Happy Homemaker Monday © Nov 2023 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

6 comments:

Jean said...

That looks like a good book, maybe it will help you find some holiday mojo. If not, you know some years are just like that. I struggled to bring my herb cuttings inside as well. Hope you have a great week!

Luludou said...

You always have so much going on! I think it's the 1st year I am NOT hosting for Christmas.. nothing at all. Last year I did not host but family was here all weekend, so I guess I did host if not the 'official holiday'. I do need the rest!

Have a great week

Sherry Jolly said...

I'm sorry you are not feeling the holiday spirit this year, why do you think that is? Just busy-ness? I am a homebody and I don't do much socializing, just spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family. When I went over my Dad's to celebrate his birthday yesterday, I realized I hadn't stepped foot out of the house in nine days! And I was perfectly content! I hope you find your love for the holidays soon!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jean, I have only had one day to read, but so far I like the book. There is a sequel to it that came out this year too. I'm hoping to read that too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sherry Jolly, I think it's because Mom was always excited about Christmas and is not here, and that has been on my mind lately. She would encourage me to make and sell handiwork, cook and celebrate. I also think it's because we are on a time constraint on getting the chicken coop built before winter. It seems that we are always asked to help others, yet no one commits to help us. We really need help with the coop roof, but we cannot find any family to help.
Aside from that, I am somewhat like you though. I tend to be home, as I do have a lot of projects to keep me busy, and I do not like driving to town unless it's for a long list of shopping needs. It takes away my entire day. Thanks.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Luludou, I guess in a good way, since my house is in project mode, I don't have to host, but my husband has a habit of inviting the kids now and then for a meal, and not telling me ha ha!