Skip to main content

Cheddar and Chili Egg Casserole ~ Recipes Going Back in Slot



I used some of my homemade skillet bread to make some French toast.  My husband got special bread that is low carb, but I also made sausage patties and this.....


One of our favorite egg casseroles - it's Rachael Ray's Cheddar and Chili Egg Casserole.  I keep cans of organic chili peppers in the pantry for this and other recipes.  We love how the cottage cheese and cheese fluff this up to a light dish.



Does anyone else do this?  Pull a recipe and just put it on top inside the recipe box in a hurry (while baking/cooking)?  
Breaking this bad habit today.  I will be spending some time putting all those recipes back in their proper slot in the box.


Comments

Faith said…
I don't always put away the recipe cards right away, and don't always file them in their proper place. Things which I bake often, I have taped inside my cupboard for easy access, no filing necessary.
M. Meyers said…
I agree about the cottage cheese. I have a similar recipe. I especially enjoy the Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites wanna-be version

SERBIAN EGGS
9 eggs, slightly beaten
1.5 c. Bisquick
1.5 c. milk
1 pt. cottage cheese
4 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
6 Tbl butter, melted

Blend ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth. Pour into a
PAM sprayed 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour in 325 degree
oven. Eat plain or serve with sliced avocado, sour cream and chili
salsa.

> A STARBUCKS Sous Vide Egg Bites Wanna Be:
Fold in crisp bacon crumbles or ham
use a blend of Gruyère and Monterey Jack cheese rather than cheddar
Faith, good idea. I have a thin piece of cork I glued inside two cupboards to pin conversions, phone numbers, etc in.
M.Meyers, I will definitely be trying this recipe. Thank you!
Debi said…
I constantly put recipes back in the box but not filed. Once every couple of months I file them where they belong. I found a small photo album at the thrift store that perfectly holds the recipe cards for my most often used recipes.
Debi, that is a great idea!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart