Skip to main content

Updates and such....

 Well folks, I have not been on an antibiotic for almost 2 years or longer.  They asked me what I was able to take and could not remember, other than I cannot take the z-pac.  

Now I am having other issues, despite eating the BRAT diet, so a call is getting placed to the doctor this morning.  Not sure what he can do, other than change the antibiotic and take another route.  

I'm just not taking chances for things to go south, like they did with the z-pac (put me in the hospital for 14 days).

I am eating my yogurt and taking a prebiotic, but it's not helping.  My cough is a bit better, but we are also going to seek out a different prescribed cough syrup.

In the meantime, I got plenty of rest last night.  I went to bed at 6pm and didn't get up until 7am this morning. I'm still dealing with fatigue.

I haven't felt like crocheting, reading a book....nothing.

It's foggy here and predicted to reach up into the 60's.  Crazy.


I remembered a family member asked me and one other about crocheting her the below afghan, so I looked into it.  Check out the cost of supplies!  Even though I would not need stitch markers or a hook, that is one expensive blanket to make.  I would want labor, so yeah, I am sure it's not affordable to make.  The cost of supplies plus labor would almost make this a $200.00 blanket.







Comments

Debi said…
So sorry that you aren't feeling any better. That looks like a pretty labor intensive blanket... pretty but a lot of work! Take care of yourself, hope you are feeling better soon.
Granny_J said…
People who don't do needlework have no idea of the time and effort it takes to make someting such as that afghan, not to mention the cost of supplies. I hope you can get the treatment you need. It's no fun being sick.
Katie C. said…
That is a very expensive blanket but pretty! And that doesn’t even consider the cost of your labor!

Hope you feel better soon. I find chamomile tea with honey given to us by friends who keep bees helps when I get a cough.
chipmunk said…
So sorry you're feeling so crummy and wrung out. I hope you get better soon!
Jackie said…
Wow, that is one expensive blanket.

God bless.
Mother Em said…
Hope you're feeling better; not a good way to start a new year. I have had reactions to K-flex, C-Pak, Erythromycin and Bactrim. Currently use Cipro when anything ails me these days, which are far and few in between, thank God.

Get better soon. Probably all the hours of working with little rest on the renovations hasn't helped your health.

Take care dear friend.
Nicola said…
Hope you’re feeling better
Nicola said…
Hope you’re feeling better
Faith said…
Hear that Kristina, I got sick with Bronchitis which I have not had in many years, in early November. It flaired up again after Christmas, I just finished up the Zpack.It's the cough it just keeps going and going. Hope you are soon feeling better, garden time is coming up.
Nicola said…
Hey just wondering if you’re feeling any better
chipmunk said…
Kristina, I hope you are okay. I am praying for your recovery.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart