Skip to main content

Happy New Year!

 I wish I could say we rang in the new year healthy.  After being in bed for 3 days, because the body aches and fatigue (and fever) were miserable, my husband drove me to an urgent care.

Negative for covid, but had all the symptoms.  I was diagnosed with a sinus infection.  It is the worst one I have ever had.  We've been so careful with germs and staying away from large groups, so this was a huge surprise.

Rest, liquids....you know all the doctors orders.   I hope to be back to blogging soon.

Comments

wvhiker said…
My wife and I have been sick since Thursday. I am just now starting to feel a little better myself today but she is still worse for wear. We thought we both had covid and I tested positive Friday morning barely but a Saturday morning visit to a quick care said I didn't. I got some antibiotics and cough pills. What a way to spend a few days off and welcome the new year.
Debi said…
Oh no.... not a fun way to start the new year. I hope you are feeling better very soon.
Wvhiker, I agree, not a great way to welcome in the new year, but glad you are getting treatment and hopefully feeling better.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart