Skip to main content

Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning ~ New Snack and other Ramblings










I make this smaller batch recipe of homemade everything bagel seasoning,  but you can increase it for larger spice jars. There are many recipes online for this seasoning.  

I use 1 tsp of each of the following:

-kosher salt
-dried minced garlic (I make mine homemade)
-dried minced onion (again you can make this in a dehydrator)
-sesame seeds
-poppy seeds
(all organic)


I like to spread cream cheese on snack sized bell peppers, sprinkle the seasoning and sometimes add a few pieces of turkey pepperoni/cooked bacon or other choice of meat on top.  I gave my husband one the other day, and he is in love with this snack idea.  He put his nose up when I mentioned organic cream cheese, but he loves it.  The seasoning is the ticket for flavor.  So good.  I cannot wait for a fresh garden bell pepper this summer.

My husband loves it so much, that he asked for his own seasoning shaker to take to work. You could top these with cooked bacon pieces, turkey pepperoni, or other choice of meat as well. 


Comments

R's Rue said…
Looks good to me.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
R's Rue, thanks. It is good.
Debi said…
I started making this about a year ago when I compared the cost of store bought vs homemade. It's one of our favorite seasonings for all things from bread to meat. Glad your husband likes it too. Have a great weekend!
Thank you Debi, I hope you have a nice weekend too.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart