Skip to main content

Homemade Seasoned Salt and other ramblings

 

Thanksgiving morning was a beautiful morning.  They day was a perfect porch day as well.  Rain slowly crept in as the evening fell.  I can't say we really did much.  Daughter K came over for a visit.

I was given a pass on all that holiday cooking, but I did restock my homemade seasoned salt.

Our guy to clean gutters called and was to come Wed. morning.  I then got a message Wed. morning that he said the weather may be better on Thursday.  It was too.  Anyway, he never called, messaged or arrived after that.

I finally got around to setting up an account to register any new tools (and register any we purchased this year), for the lifetime warranty.  So get this?  I was reading over receipts from the living room supply runs.  I have been giving the handy man our credit card vs. cash (easier to keep track of and we trusted him).  It may sound petty, but he purchased two energy drinks with our card.  We haven't said anything, but any and all purchases will be made by us from now on.  We are taking note of it.

The truck is still full of sub flooring, so if he doesn't arrive today to install it, we will unload it.

I think this Thanksgiving was a bit hard on us, as Mom was not with us.  I know it was really bothering one of the kids.  They say it gets better, but this holiday was definitely difficult.  I set the Christmas porch lights on now.  I am hoping it lifts my spirits.


Comments

Leigh said…
Amazing how folks think they owe themselves perks if they've got control of someone else's dime. I hope it goes well with the floor.

Thanks for the recipe for making season salt. Sounds like a good idea.
Leigh, thanks, I cannot wait for it to be done. Hope you enjoy the homemade seasoned salt recipe.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart