Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, November 5, 2022

Making my own stitch markers....

Too flimsy


Rings are too hard to use, and time consuming to use.  The lobster claw ones I have have fallen off before and are hard to get on and off.


 I do not like the ring stich markers, and the clasp ones are hard to get on an off when you need one for every row on a project that is small.





I decided to make my own using charms I already had on hand.  I love my craft supplies, and sometimes they actually come in handy ha ha!

I found these larger earring clasps which I love!  They work so much better than the lobster claw clasp.


The sky is very pretty this morning, but if I was a weather guesser, I would guess a storm is about to come thru later today.


6 comments:

chipmunk said...

Good idea for stitch markers. I've been just using a safety pin, which is kind of a nuisance, but at least it didn't come undone too easily. This looks easier to deal with.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

chipmunk, I was just so frustrated with the other stitch markers, and some craft stores have such cute charms (wait for them to go on sale).

Leigh said...

Very clever! I'm always on the lookout for a good idea too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Leigh

Debi said...

Your stitch markers are very cute!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Debi