Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Foggy and Warm Days

 

Yesterday started with a very foggy morning.  Schools closed because of it.  Go figure, I needed to run errands as well.  I chose to stay in until the fog lifted.  

It's foggy and warmer again today.  It's definitely odd weather for November in our parts.

I had an errand day, so my day went fast, and we met up and visited with Daughter E and her boyfriend.  I didn't get a photo, but we visited with our "grandson" Tiger (the cat).  Oh, he loved on us.  He's not doing well stomach-wise.  She's taking him to the vet for a shot to help with that.  He eats special food, and she can't find it anywhere right now.  Pet food has been hard to get in our area.

My 22-some year old kitchenaid mixer is on the fritz.  I added it to the list, but boy are they expensive right now.  Sheesh.  Everything is expensive.  Anyway, I use it all the time, and my husband even tried to work on it.


8 comments:

Barbara said...

Aldi has their knock off kitchen aid stand mixer for sale in stores now if you live near an Aldi. Around $75 I think.

Linda said...

Did you ever look on Mercari for a mixer? I found several new ones, still in the box which looked reasonable. Good luck!

Jackie See said...

Same here. Woke up to clouds and wind. Yesterday was beautiful though. My allergies are suffering because I love being outside. Cat food? I have had problems with finding my cats food too. She also has stomach problems and will only eat a certain kind. I went through this during the pandemic, and now again. Last time we almost lost her. Our neighbors are looking for their baby's special formula again. I am not sure why everything is so different now. My grocery budget is not working anymore and we buy most of our food from the growers. My trips for dairy, lunch meat, fruits and fresh veggies are now double the cost.

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Shame about your mixer, so annoying when that happens but I guess 22 years isn't too bad!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Barbara, I like Kitchenaid due to the fact you can attach the pasta maker as well. I will see if I can at least go look at one.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Linda, I thought Mercari was in store shopping? I will look again, but we do not have a store anywhere around here.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jackie See, a lot of what's happening is due to supply and demand and I heard diesel prices will go up, and someone (can't remember who) said they may run out of diesel. BP is still shut down due to that explosion, causing gas prices to remain high. I'm going to see if I can find Tiger's pet food online today. Hope you kitty is well too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jill, I think it had a good life for the price (which I am sure was half of today's cost). I'm hoping to see some on sale during the holidays.