Skip to main content

Healthy Banana Cookies ~ New Dinner Recipe and Tidbits

I baked us some healthy banana cookies.  It takes organic oats, bananas, oil and I used diced apples in place of the dates.  I have no access to my  home canned applesauce to cut the oil, but anyway....



They tasted great.  Good enough to eat more than one, but I will add more cinnamon and nutmeg next time.   Recipe is from Allrecipes, called something like Healthy banana cookies?  Anyway, my husband loved them and the oats did not make his sugar go up thankfully.  They say oats can affect people differently.

I also make a new dinner recipe called chicken bruschetta casserole.  You dice the chicken and cook it first, layer it in a 8 x 8 baking dish, and top with goodies.  I simple used a 1/2 pint of "Bruschetta in a Jar" I canned, then added some mozzarella cheese.  It was good, but I think it would be more beneficial to simply can canned tomatoes and add the garlic, fresh basil etc. to the dish.  I forgot to take a photo, but will can tomatoes by the pint vs. half pint.  We needed more tomatoes, and I cannot get to them until the floor is in, in the living room.

I have two people now in line to quote us for the removal of our old popcorn ceiling.  We are praying it will not be expensive, as they don't have to worry about furniture or curtains in the process.

Another day has gone by and no word from the person to clean our gutters.  Getting frustrated as the weather is changing.

Comments

R's Rue said…
This is delicious. I need to make some. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful day friend. I love when you stop by.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
Thanks R's Rue, love visiting your blog as well. Thanks for stopping in.
Debi said…
Your healthy cookies sound delicious. Glad they were kind to your husband and that he liked them. Good luck with the popcorn ceiling removal.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart