Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Bald Eagles ~ Homemade Seasoned Salt


We've been watching a family of 4 bald eagles out in a field by our homestead.  As long as the leave my barn cats and chickens alone, we are enjoying watching them.


I made homemade seasoned salt for a recipe I needed it for yesterday.  It was better than store bought seasoned salt.

I used my homemade onion powder and garlic powder to make it too.

Homemade Seasoned Salt
2 Tbsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. organic paprika
1/4 tsp. organic turmeric
1/4 tsp. homemade organic onion powder
1/4 tsp. homemade organic garlic powder
1/4 tsp. organic non-gmo corn starch

Mix and use in any recipe.  

3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

I mix something very similar and use it as a rub for meat, particularly lamb.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, it tastes better too.

Sam I Am...... said...

Thank you! This would make a nice gift for the 'cookers' on my Christmas list.